Q: Can I change my user name?
A: It is possible to change your user name, but as it involves moderator input, we ask that requests to change user names are kept to a minimum. Before you contact a moderator you need to undertake the following steps:
1) Click the Search Button.
2) On the right hand side of the search panel, you have the option to search by user name, type in the user name you wish to adopt to ensure it is not currently being used.
3) If search results are displayed, the user name is already taken. If there are no results, you can continue with your request.
Check that your contact details are up to date on your profile. To do this, complete the following steps:
1) Click the Member Center button.
2) Click on "Name and contact information".
3) Check your details and amend as required. If you change your email address, you must validate it prior to sending a Private Message (PM) to a moderator.
PM a moderator in the following format:
Subject: User name change
Message: Enter a brief message complete with the new user name you would like to adopt.
Requests can take up to 48 hours to become active, and once completed the Moderator will contact you, by email, to confirm that the changes have been completed.