Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

forums.ado16.info    Information hub    Really important stuff  ›  Forum Supporter Status
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Forum Supporter Status  This thread currently has 21,866 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Michael T
July 12, 2009, 4:33pm Report to Moderator

Administrator
Posts Per Day
Time Online
110 days 18 hours 13 minutes
Hello all,

Maybe you're just an avid fan of the 11/1300, you're looking for a part or maybe you've got a vehicle sell. The cost of joining out ways the gains - if, for example, you place an advert and sell your car then £3.00 was cheap to advertise it! Not only that, but you can add as many photo's as you wish*!

Did you know?
  • Less than 3% of members on the board are actually Supporters.
  • 85% of the traffic in March & April 2012 were members who are not Supporters.

Whilst paying to use our community is not mandatory, each person who contributes helps the yearly bill associated with the running the community.

OK, sounds good to me. What options are available?

There are currently two levels available to members:
  • "Forum Supporter" status - this costs £3.00 per year, subscriptions are automatically renewed - making it one less thing to worry about! Your user name is changed to blue to show you're supporting the forums.
  • "Platinum Supporter" status - this level is awarded to any member who donates over £3.00 per year. You get all the benefits of a "Forum Supporter" and a Silver user name to match.

Q: Why are you charging for the community, are you making a profit from this?

I wish!

The reason the Supporter Status was launched, initially in 2007, was to offset some of costs of running the boards. Obviously every year a fee is paid, by myself, to our hosting company for the physical hosting of the forum and the domain name. The cost for 2012 will be just over £100. With some serious cost cutting measures, we have managed to keep our running costs low, but at the same time we have had a number of members who have not renewed their membership.

If every member who joined paid 21p per year then the costs would be met and we all pay the same to access the service. However, as paying for the community is not mandatory I ask for help to offset the cost.

Q: Why do you not use advertising, such as GoogleAds?

Simple, advertising is a pain in the rear! There is nothing worse than visiting a site where there are banners spread all over the place. The decision was therefore taken to refrain from pursuing this avenue at this stage. The site has always remained privately owned and run, and for the foreseeable future will remain so.

So, the rest is up to you gang. Dig deep, route around in the sofa, check the ashtray, and that bit in the seats where coins tend to lodge in your 11/1300 and help the forums pay for themselves.

For more information on becoming a subscribed member either click the "Subscribe" button at the top of the page or click here

If you have any questions please feel free to add them to the bottom of this post.

Cheers,

Michael T

*Pictures are limited to 1.5mb per reply. You can reply to your own message as many times as you wish to include all the pictures you need too. All images are re-sized to 600 x 450 pixels.

2003 MG ZT-T + 2.0 CDTi
2014 Mercedes C Class

Are you a forum supporter? Click here for more information
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Michael T
May 4, 2012, 9:03pm Report to Moderator

Administrator
Posts Per Day
Time Online
110 days 18 hours 13 minutes
Hello all,

I have updated this thread with our 2012 figures for your information.

In order to streamline costs for 2012, I have negotiated our tarrif to a cheaper one, and cut some of the old domain names. The cost has therefore decreased from £161.50 to £101.60.

However, it's where you can help me offset some of the cost by digging deep and helping support the forums.

Thank you, in advance, for your support.

Cheers,

Michael T

2003 MG ZT-T + 2.0 CDTi
2014 Mercedes C Class

Are you a forum supporter? Click here for more information
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

forums.ado16.info    Information hub    Really important stuff  ›  Forum Supporter Status

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Thread Tags